Preparing Risk Minimizers
The Master of Science in Safety Management program offered by the Benjamin M. Statler College of Engineering and Mineral Resources prepares you to help companies follow state and federal regulations, while designing programs to prevent disease, injury, or damage to the environment. And with a strong job market - Bureau of Labor Statistics reports a 4 percent yearly increase in the number of jobs in this field through 2024 – you will be ready to respond to the needs of the public and employers, to inspect hazardous situations, and to investigate and administer government regulations.
- The degree is housed in the WVU Statler College of Engineering & Mineral Resources and has been ABET-accredited since 1993.
- Military Friendly - The Safety Management program is the only online program that will count your armed forces training.
- Multiple start dates per year.
- No campus visits required.
- Job placement rates near 100 percent.
The Master of Science in Safety Management program is accredited by the Applied and Natural Science Accreditation Commission of ABET. The Benjamin M. Statler College of Engineering offers the online Master of Science in Safety Management for those seeking careers in occupational health and safety. Graduates will be able to identify hazards in the workplace, design and implement procedures to protect workers, investigate workplace accidents, and conduct training on safety procedures.