No matter where you are, you can earn a WVU degree or certificate – or simply take a class or two. Choose from 600+ online courses and programs that are entirely online or a combination of online and on-campus.
Bring us your lifelong passion and we’ll help you create an academic plan to turn that passion into a successful career. Whether you’re just getting started, picking up where you left off, or adding to your credentials, we’ve got options for you. Select the box that best describes you from the boxes below.
Undergraduate Degree Seeking Students
To apply to West Virginia University as an online undergraduate student, please complete the following steps.
- Review the application deadlines. To learn more about the process, reach out to a WVU Online Admissions Coach.
- Complete the WVU Online Campus application and include the nonrefundable fee. The fee is $50 for all undergraduate applicants.
- Send transcripts of previous schoolwork – options for submitting transcripts.
If you have previously completed coursework at other institutions, have the transcripts sent directly to:
Office of Admissions
West Virginia University
P.O. Box 6009
Morgantown, WV 26506-6009
We do not accept transcripts that have been issued to the student or facsimile (FAX) transcripts. Please note that in order to be considered for admission, you must have transcripts sent to us from all institutions you have attended, even if you did not do well at one of the institutions.
- Request an official high school transcript and ACT or SAT scores be sent to us if you are transferring with fewer than 24 transferable credits. Please ask your high school to mark the transcript: “FOR TRANSFER ADMISSION.” Failure to do this may slow your admission. If you have been out of high school for five or more years, no test scores are required.
Graduate Degree Seeking Students
To apply to West Virginia University as an online graduate student, please complete the following steps:
- Review the application deadlines, admission requirements, and frequently asked questions. To learn more about the process, reach out to a WVU Online Admissions Coach.
- Create an account and complete the WVU Online Application.
- Pay the $60 application fee*.
- Submit the application.
Undergraduate Non-Degree and Visiting Students
Students who would like to pursue West Virginia University credits.
Teachers who want to take courses for re-certification and pay increases.