In fall 2019, WVU Online implemented a $25.00 per credit hour Online Learning Student Support Fee on all online courses marked Web Off Campus (WEBOC) with a Schedule Type Web Based (W). This fee caps at 3-credit hours per course, or $75.00.
Choosing to implement a new fee is never easy, but it was time that we offered our online students the same resources that are available on-campus. All Mountaineers deserve access to resources that promote student success initiatives such as online tutoring and proctoring, an online Writing Center, virtual mental health services via Talkspace, and accessibility resources for those students who may need learning accommodations.
We understand that you probably have questions, so we created a list of Frequently Asked Questions to better explain the new fee, cost, assessment, and how it will be used.
- Oklahoma ($40.00 per credit hour)
- Oklahoma State ($95-100 per credit hour)
- Texas Tech ($35.00 per credit hour)
- Kansas State ($77.00 per credit hour)
- TCU ($125.00 per credit hour)
- Iowa State (Fees vary depending on level 100, 200, 300, 400. Graduate online fees vary per program).