Learn more about this program
Complete the form, and we’ll send you program information. If you want, give us your phone number, and we’ll call and answer any questions you have.
We don’t share or sell your information with anyone.
cost per credit hour
Total Credit Hours
The Master of Science in Safety Management offered by the Benjamin M. Statler College of Engineering and Mineral Resources prepares you to help companies follow state and federal regulations, while designing programs to prevent disease, injury, or damage to the environment. And with a strong job market - Bureau of Labor Statistics reports a 4 percent yearly increase in the number of jobs in this field through 2024 – you will be ready to respond to the needs of the public and employers, to inspect hazardous situations, and to investigate and administer government regulations.
- Online Courses
- Master of Science in Safety Management
- May 18, 2020
- The degree is awarded by the WVU College of Engineering and has been ABET-accredited since 1993.
- Military Friendly – The Safety Management program is the only online program that will count your armed forces training.
- Five start terms per year – August, October, January, March and/or May.
- No campus visits required.
- Job placement rates near 100 percent.
The Benjamin M. Statler College of Engineering offers the online Master of Science in Safety Management for those seeking careers in occupational health and safety. Graduates will be able to identify hazards in the workplace, design and implement procedures to protect workers, investigate workplace accidents, and conduct training on safety procedures. The job market for safety professionals is strong—the Bureau of Labor Statistics reports a 4 percent yearly increase in the number of jobs in this field through 2024.