cost per credit hour
Total Credit Hours
Contact an Advisor to Learn More
If you enjoy looking at social and educational programs from a variety of angles to determine what works, why those things work, and how to make them better, a Program Evaluation and Research M.A degree may be in your future. Answers come in a variety of ways but if you’re a student in our master’s program, those answers will come through systematic data driven inquiry, applied research, and practice based evaluation techniques and competencies aligned with the American Evaluation Association (AEA), the largest network of professional evaluators in the country. This degree prepares students for career opportunities with federal or state agencies, educational institutions, profit and non-profit organizations, or as independent consultants. Graduates will also have a strong foundation for entry into a doctoral degree program.
All students in this program will complete core courses in program evaluation, research methodology, and additional electives. They work with programs in the real world to design and conduct at least one full program evaluation with multiple opportunities for more, so that they are well prepared to enter the workforce as evaluators and applied researchers upon graduation.
- Online Courses
- August 18, 2021
- January 10, 2022
Graduates of this program have a strong foundation for entry into a doctoral degree program or one of many job fields where data analysis, research design, and evaluation skill sets are in high demand. Graduates are expected to:
- Demonstrate understanding of the philosophical and historical foundations of inquiry.
- Apply appropriate quantitative, qualitative, and mixed-methods research tools to answer practical educational, programmatic, and other social research questions.
- Apply appropriate program evaluation tools to conduct formative and summative evaluations of existing and prospective educational programs.
- Demonstrate understanding of ethical issues in research and evaluation. Create informative reports of research and evaluation studies tailored appropriately for multiple stakeholders and decision-makers.
- Employ a wide range of various reliable data analysis techniques and present outcomes in a meaningful and engaging way.
Talk to an advisor about the Program Evaluation and Research M.A.