Learn more about this program
Complete the form, and we’ll send you program information. If you want, give us your phone number, and we’ll call and answer any questions you have.
We don’t share, or sell, your information with anyone.
cost per credit hour
Total Credit Hours
The newly formed Chamber College M.S. Economics is a 30 credit hour program, delivered fully online, that can be completed in one year. The flexible format allows students to maintain momentum in their career while pursuing their degree.
Our M.S. Economics graduates will be high-level quantitative economists with the ability to analyze complex policy issues using modern data analysis and econometric methods. Graduates will not only have the technical skills in demand by national employers, they will be able to apply their learning to a large and diverse set of policy issues within our areas of program expertise, such as public finance, health economics, and regional economics.
- Online Courses
- Master of Science in Economics
- August 19, 2020
The M.S. Economics program contains 30 credit hours of material and is designed to be completed in one year. Students will begin the program with a set of economic theory and data analysis courses, followed with a field course focusing on topical areas of value to economists working in the local, state, and national policy context.
In the M.S. Economics, students will develop skills not limited to the following abilities:
- Explain the choices of economic factors, such as consumers and firms, using microeconomic theory.
- Evaluate the impacts of imperfectly competitive markets and government intervention on society and groups with society.
- Synthesize the current state of knowledge on a policy.
- Describe the efficient structure, storage, and usage of administrative data.
- Build theoretically sound econometric models.
- Employ R to obtain parameter estimates of magnitude and empirical relevance, and
- Produce clear and straightforward summaries of empirical results across a number of written contexts.