Filter Programs

Page 1 of 1

Child Development and Family Studies B.S.

The Bachelor of Science in Child Development and Family Studies, with a Pre-K certification option, offered by the College of Education and Human Services, is ideal for you if you want to enter the field of early childhood education prepared to work with children and families. Helping a child to develop and grow is very rewarding. You will learn developmentally appropriate practices and focus on early education advocacy and leadership. You have the option to obtain the degree with Pre-K certification in the state of West Virginia. This online program also allows you to complete field experiences and internships close to your home.

Clinical Rehabilitation and Mental Health Counseling M.S.

The Master of Science in Clinical Rehabilitation Counseling, offered by the College of Education and Human Services, prepares students to help people overcome, physical disabilities, substance abuse disorders, and mental illnesses enabling them to become more productive members of society. The scope of practice for graduates of this degree is expansive, covering a wide spectrum of work with people who have disabilities. The degree requires 63 credit hours for completion. This is a low-residency program, requiring two site visits to campus. The remainder of the program is completed online.

Early Childhood Development Undergraduate Certificate

The Early Childhood Development Certificate, offered by the College of Education and Human Services, provides academic training for those who desire to work with children in pre-K classrooms in public schools, Head Start programs, or in childcare centers. The certificate is free standing or can be applied to degree requirements if you wish to pursue a bachelor’s degree in this field. You can enroll in the certificate program without prior college coursework, or a degree. The specialized curriculum will prepare you for many careers that make a difference in the lives of young children and their families and help them take their first steps toward a positive, learning-filled life.

Higher Education Administration M.A.

The Master of Arts in Higher Education Administration offered by the College of Education and Human Services is designed to prepare students for administrative and faculty positions, policy roles, and research areas within colleges and universities and external educational agencies. Using a personalized program of study you will gain the tools you need to develop and measure programs that support student success and retention. You will analyze instructional strategies and management principles that will help you address today’s most pressing issues facing higher education institutions, while learning how to use distance learning technology to effectively manage online programs for students with varied learning styles.

Infant/Toddler Education

The Infant/Toddler Undergraduate Certificate, offered by the College of Education and Human Services, is designed for early childhood teachers and providers, Head Start teachers, and others who work with young children from birth to three years of age. The certificate is free standing or can be taken with a degree program. If you enjoy working with children and want to enter this field, or if you are already working in an educational setting for infants and toddlers, this certificate will give you the qualifications you need to advance in your career. It will prepare you to make a difference in the life of a child.

Instructional Design and Technology M.A.

The Master of Arts in Instructional Design and Technology offered by the College of Education and Human Services is designed to prepare individuals to apply cutting edge technologies and instructional design strategies to create quality learning experiences in public schools, higher education institutions, and corporate and non-profit organizations. You will help reshape the education process, so that it can be relevant to the current generation that is learning by applying cutting edge instructional technologies and design strategies in business, education, or technology.

Literacy Education M.A. With Certification

The Master of Arts in Literacy Education offered by the College of Education and Human Services is a professional graduate program that leads to pre-K through adult reading specialist certification in West Virginia. Coursework focuses on preparing specialized reading professionals in the three areas identified by the International Literacy Association. You will gain a deep understanding of the theory and research that is fundamental to successful teaching of reading, and upon graduation you may attach Reading Specialist certification to their current teaching area by passing the PRAXIS Series test.

Program Evaluation Graduate Certificate

The Graduate Certificate in Program Evaluation, offered by the College of Education and Human Services, will help you become a professional program evaluator. You will gain real-world experience in performing evaluation studies under the direction of seasoned professionals, including how to improve the quality of programs of all types and sizes. The field of Evaluation has grown dramatically in the United States and around the globe. Career opportunities include state and federal agencies, non-profits, educational institutions, health care, or independent consulting. Those who complete this certificate have priority admission into WVU’s Evaluation and Research Master’s Degree Program.

Page 1 of 1

Interested in talking to someone about WVU Online? Contact Us