EARN UP TO 3 CREDITS IN 3 WEEKS!
Whether you are looking to fit that extra course into your schedule, boost your GPA, or simply make the most of your winter break, WVU's Online Winter Intersession is an opportunity to further your academic goals in a flexible online environment. With the accelerated online course format, you have the opportunity to focus on one class while earning credit in as little as three weeks.
Students can only take one course during Winter.
Who should participate in the Online Winter Intersession?
- WVU undergraduate students in good academic standing in regards to Satisfactory Academic Performance.
- WVU undergraduate students who would like to get-ahead, catch-up or fulfill scholarship/financial aid requirements.
- WVU undergraduate students from the main campus, Potomac State College or the Institute of Technology.
- Guest students from other schools.
Criteria to be eligible to register for Online Winter Intersession
- Currently not enrolled in or previously attempted the course requested.
- Previous enrollment in an online course, is highly encouraged.
- No outstanding holds or balances due on your account.
- Advisor approval is encouraged prior to submitting the registration request.
Winter Intersession Dates: December 17 - January 3, 2019
|Tuition and Fees
Winter Intersession 2018
Per Credit Hour
Per Credit Hour
All Online Winter Intersession courses are charged the standard WVU tuition rate of $369 per hour regardless of residency. Winter Intersession is charged on the number of credit hours a student takes. Students are charged in full for online courses according to those rates even if taking a full-time course load.
Undergraduate, 1 credit-hour course $369
Undergraduate, 3 credit-hour course $1,107
Tuition rate does not include costs associated with a specific course or program, such as textbooks.
Tuition and fees are subject to change at any time without prior notice. The summary on this page is intended to provide a quick reference for students.
Students who register for Winter Intersession will automatically have their financial aid eligibility reviewed. Students will be contacted directly, either by email or phone, within 2-3 days after registration by Financial Aid to discuss their options.