FAQ FOR WVU FACULTY
Log into WVU eCampus. The login links are located on the right side of the page.
Log into MIX. Your MIX login information is the same as it is for WVU eCampus. For a full list of instructions visit the MIX Instruction Page.
Log into the STAR system. You will need your WVU ID and personal identification number (PIN) to access STAR. Your STAR login information is the same as it is for MIX.
Your user name is displayed within your STAR account. Newly admitted students are mailed their user name after they pay their tuition deposit.
- Go to http://star.wvu.edu
- Click on STAR Access
- Click on STAR Information System Login
- Enter your WVU ID and password (PIN)
- Your UserID can be either your numeric WVU ID or your MIX user name. If you were admitted to the University prior to July 11, 2004 your user name is your MIX user name. If you were admitted after July 11, 2004, your user name is your WVU ID.
- The default password for all accounts is 6 digits. If you were admitted to the University prior to July 11, 2004 your password is your 2 digit day of birth and the last 4 digits of your Social Security Number (unless you changed it). For example if your date of birth is Nov 3, 1974 and your Social Security Number is 123-45-6789, then your password is 036789. If you were admitted to the University after July 11, 2004 your password is your 2 digit day of birth and the last 4 digits of your 700 WVU ID.
- If admitted after July 11, 2004, you can find your WVU ID number at by going to https://login.wvu.edu/self-service/dist/index.html#/.
- Click on Personal Information
- Click on View E-mail Address
- If a MIX account has been created for you, your e-mail address will be displayed. Your MIX email account will be in the format email@example.com
- Your user name will be seven characters prior to the @ symbol.
- Now log into WVU eCampus at https://ecampus.wvu.edu
- Click on WVU Main Campus Login
- Enter your user name and password, select ok
- You will see the list of courses in which you are currently enrolled.
If you encounter problems accessing WVU eCampus, technical assistance is available through the WVU Helpdesk at (304) 293-4444 or (877) 327-9260. For additional information on WVU eCampus, visit https://ecampus.wvu.edu and review frequently asked questions.
Take a tour of WVU eCampus to become familiar with the tools that are available.
Visit https://myid.wvu.edu, select Forgot Your WVUID on the left, follow directions to look it up.
To speak with a financial aid counselor, call the WVU Financial Aid Office toll free at (800) 344-WVU1 or go online at http://financialaid.wvu.edu. You can also visit the WVU Foundation's Private Scholarship page at http://www.wvuf.org/content/scholarships.
Visit the WVU Online policies page to find both academic and administrative policies.
Visit the software page for available resources offered by WVU.
Faculty members and/or students may contact WVU Online's Customer Service Center at WVUOnline@mail.wvu.edu or by calling (800) 2LEARN2 ((800) 253-2762) or (304) 293-2834 Monday-Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. You may also want to consult the WVU Online and Extended Campus Staff Directory to determine the appropriate person to handle a more specific request.