Access WVU MiX
Mountaineer Information Xpress, or MIX, is a Web platform for WVU students and faculty. It will provide e-mail addresses for all students, serve as a centralized location to register online for classes, check grades, find out about current campus events, chat online with classmates, and receive targeted messages. MIX is a digital tool to make communication easier for all members of the WVU community - both faculty and students. It is accessible from anywhere a user happens to be, at any time of the day or night.
Your instructor will send you a welcome email message to your MIX address prior to the first day of class. If you don’t hear from him/her, it is your responsibility to e-mail your instructor. You can find your instructors email address in the WVU online directory at http://directory.wvu.edu.
How do I find my user name?
Newly admitted students are mailed an acceptance letter that contains their WVU ID #.
- Go to http://star.wvu.edu
- Click on STAR Access
- Click on STAR Information System Login
- Enter your WVUID and password (PIN)
- Your UserID can be either your numeric WVU ID or your MIX user name. If you were admitted to the University prior to July 11, 2004 your user name is your MIX username. If you were admitted after July 11, 2004, your user name is your WVU ID.
- The default password for all accounts is 6 digits. If you were admitted to the University prior to July 11, 2004 your password is your 2 digit day of birth and the last 4 digits of your Social Security Number (unless you changed it). For example if your date of birth is Nov 3, 1974 and your Social Security Number is 123-45-6789, then your password is 036789. If you were admitted to the University after July 11, 2004 your password is you 2 digit day of birth and the last 4 digits of your 700 WVU ID.
- If admitted after July 11, 2004, you can find your WVU ID number bygoing to https://centralid.wvu.edu/wvuid/lookupwvuidinmix.phtml. Log in with your social security number and your WVUID will be displayed.
- Click on Personal Information
- Click on View Address(es) and Phone(s)
- If a MIX account has been created for you, a MIX user name and e-mail address section will be displayed. Your MIX email account will be in the format email@example.com
- Now log into MIX at http://www.mix.wvu.edu
- You will see the “Mountaineer Information Xpress” with the MIX Logon Screen. Enter your Username and Password. If your MIX account is firstname.lastname@example.org then your Username is jdoe. Again if you were admitted to the University after July 11, 2004 your password is you 2-digits day of birth and the last 4 digits of your 700 WVU ID. If you were admitted prior to July 11, 2004, your password is the two digit day of birth and last four digits of Social Security Number.
- Click Login
- To access course information click the My Course tab.
If you encounter problems accessing MIX, technical assistance is available through the WVU Helpdesk at 304-293-4444 or 1-800-327-9260 (Toll Free).
For additional information on MIX, visit http://www.mix.wvu.edu and review frequently asked questions.